MathJam is a summer challenge experience for incoming students ages 10-13, designed to:
- Nurture mathematics interest in younger students,
- Introduce middle school students to advanced topics not covered in a school setting, and
- Provide activity-based experiences that allow students to make connections between mathematics, science, art, and literature.
Nominations and admission testing are not required for MathJam. Students should be interested in math exploration and score at the 90th percentile or higher on standardized tests. For 2021, MathJam is a 2-week online summer camp, offered in both June and July. We also have an online bonus week of Puzzles and Programming, one of our most popular MathJam courses!
We have an exicting summer of online enrichment planned for your children. Let's keep the summer slump at bay while we have fun with math!
MathJam21 is offered in two-week sessions:
- Session 1: 9 AM to noon | June 14-25 | $395
- Session 2: 9 AM to noon | July 12-23 | $395
- Register for MathJam21 here
Additional Summer Programs:
- Puzzles & Programming: 9AM to noon | July 26-30 | $275 Register here
- Logic Bootcamp: 8:30 to 11:30 AM | June 7-11 or Aug. 2-6 | $275 Register here
Note: Logic Bootcamp requires completion of Operational Systems before the course begins. Registration is available here.
Summer Course for Current Elements Students:
- Elements Number Theory and Probability: 8:30 AM to noon | June 14-25 | $395
- Elements Advanced Digital Logic: 8:30 to 11:30 AM | July 12-23rd | $395
- Register for Elements Summer Courses here
Prerequisite notes: Elements courses are available for current Elements students. Advanced Digital Logic is available to Elements students who have completed Operational Systems and Chapters 1 and 2 of Book 1 Logic.
Which classes should I take?
Project MEGSSS offers courses which are designed for students who are self-motivated and desire math challenge, not students looking for remediation. Classes are available for students ages 10 (by August 1, 2022) to 13
When should I register?
Registrations is open for all of our July and August sessions. If you have an issue with registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless you have applied for financial aid, your seat can only be held once full payment is received. When applying for financial aid (this does not include students applying through the educator-directed scholarship program), you must pay a refundable $25 fee to hold your seat. This payment will be refunded if financial accommodations offered are insufficient to meet your needs.
For more information on financial aid, see below. Payment may be made online during online registration. Late registration fees apply after the above dates. Payment may be made via PayPal during registration. Late registration fees apply after the above dates. If a session is not large enough to justify a class, we will contact you to reschedule.
Financial Aid Options
We offer two financial aid programs, and we encourage applications before the deadline of May 24th for June registrations and June 16th for July registrations. Decisions will be made prior to May 31st for June registrations and prior to June 26th for July registrations. All applicants must have registered for courses, or the application will be denied.
1. Families who are eligible for federal lunch programs are eligible for our educator-directed scholarship that streamlines the application process. In 2020, students in districts where all receive federal lunch programs must also meet an income test and provide income verification. Please inquire at email@example.com
2. For all others, financial aid applications are accepted online - apply here. Submission of the most recent federal tax return is required for this process.
Summer camp payments are considered final and no refunds or credits will be issued. Should a course be cancelled due to lack of enrollment we will contact you to begin the refund process. You will have the option of a full refund, converting the payment to a tax-deductible donation, or holding the payment as a credit toward future programming.